Curious Kids Lead Preschool Teacher
Job | Posted 3 years ago
Early Childhood Development/Daycare
Job Title: Lead Teacher
Reports to: Safe Harbor Coordinator Supervises: 2-3
Terms of Employment: 51 weeks Evaluations: Yearly
Employee Status: Non-exempt Starting Pay: $11.05 per hour
Job Summary: Plans and implements activities and daily schedule for the children in the classroom using the Creative Curriculum.
Working Conditions: Climate controlled classroom setting with moderate noise level; outdoor play in hot and cold temperatures.
Responsibilities:1) Plans and prepares materials, implements daily activities and small group activities, following the Creative Curriculum structure.
2) Reports directly to Safe Harbor Coordinator.
3) Oversees the Preschool Assistants and Supports in the classroom.
4) Responsible for providing direct care to children at a ratio set by licensing standards on a consistent basis; adheres to PQA standards.
5) Conducts baseline annual screening within the first 30 days of a child’s enrollment to determine level of development.
6) Takes observational notes on each child in the classroom daily, which guides planning.
7) Provide guidance for children who need assistance with conflict resolution and other social skills.
8) Communicates with parents daily regarding their child’s needs and/or progress in a polite, caring manner.
9) Organizes a daily schedule for the children, incorporating developmentally appropriate activities throughout the day.
10) Communicates program and classroom happenings with parents through weekly newsletters and emails.
11) Creates and posts weekly plans on the classroom door per Licensing.
12) Collaborates with Safe Harbor Coordinator in evaluating the Preschool Assistant and Support staff for annual review.
13) Maintains an awareness of Center happenings by checking email for communications.
14) Attends training workshops on Creative Curriculum and other child-related topics.
15) Meets weekly for a Lead Teacher meeting with ELC Coordinator.
16) Attends monthly meeting with other Early Childhood professionals in the district.
17) Attends IEP (Individual Educational Plan) when requested.
18) Conducts parent/teacher conferences two times per year.
19) Expected to participate in special events such as family night and open house.
20) Expected to be knowledgeable of Center and Licensing rules.
Education, Experience, Skills knowledge and Abilities:1) Bachelor Degree in education for a child-related field or CDA
2) Strong communication skills.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: CPR and First Aid
Portage Public Schools
6633 Haverhill Rd. , Portage, MI 33407
At the following locations
Curious Kids Early Learning Center
1010 West Milham Avenue , Portage, MI 49024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,292
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 199