JobID 1028 : Special Education Teacher K-12 Chicago Midway (#715380)
Special Education Teacher K-12 Chicago Midway
Menta Academy Midway
5101 S. Keeler Ave. Chicago, IL. 60632
**Possible Sign-On Bonus for Certified Special Education Teachers** Can be discussed in interview. Apply to arrange an interview.
Menta Academy Midway, a school of The Menta Group/Special Education Services (Est. 1973), is a therapeutic day school designed to positively impact the academic and social-emotional competencies of students referred to the program.
Believing that all children have a right to quality educational services, Menta programs maintain a no refusal, no suspension, no expulsion policy, an integrated focus on academic and social-emotional learning, and a continuum of learning and behavioral supports. Small class size, intensive clinical services, and a competently trained staff of educators combine to make this program a positive and dynamic place to learn. The emphasis is placed on teamwork and creativity to provide this positive environment for our students to excel.
We are seeking Special Education Teachers for all grade-levels for our self-contained, all-subject, and life-skills classrooms:
- Teach all subjects in a self-contained classroom
- Provide a differentiated learning environment
- Have the freedom and ability to personalize learning
- Work collaboratively with staff, including curriculum and clinical staff to yield positive results for the students
- Empower special education students with the skills necessary for success in life!
- Provide a social-emotional learning environment
- Enjoy a classroom size of around 10 students with Paraprofessional support within the classroom.
- Valid Professional Educator License in Special Education LBS1
- Ideal: Full, bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish (ideal, but not required)
- Or General Education PEL with willingness to get LBS1 with support from Menta
- Knowledge of Common Core Standards
- Provide positive behavioral support to students in group and individual settings
- Implement and maintain consistent and clear classroom expectations
- Utilize a variety of instructional strategies to meet individual needs of all students
- Must be able to provide students with superior instruction in areas of academic curriculum and socially acceptable behaviors
- Employ excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team focused environment
Pay and Benefits:
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Generous Paid Benefit Time-Off for Full-Time Employees
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- 10 Month Position with 12 Month Pay
How To Apply:
Apply for Job ID 1028 at http://menta.com/careers/apply/
Click on "Special Education Teaching"
Scroll to Job ID 1028
Click on the "Apply" button to the right of Job ID # 1028
E.O.E. The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.