3rd and 4th Grade ELAR/SS teacher with ESL certification
|Under the guidance and supervision of the Principal, the classroom teacher is responsible for developing and delivering academic instruction and a classroom climate that are consistent with district policy and philosophy and that maximize student potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.|
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Principal or Vice Principal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of constituents or employees of organization.
· Ability and/or willingness to learn to use and understand Microsoft Office for spreadsheets, letters and other written communication in order to effectively communicate information with employees, administration and the Board.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university.
- Valid Texas teachers certification in respective content and grade level.
- ESL certification is required.