Substitute Noon/K monitors
MONA SHORES PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Norton Shores, Michigan
TITLE: Noon Monitor
REPORTS TO: Principal
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Understanding of elementary age children
2. Pleasing, warm personality
4. Good disciplinarian: Firm/Fair/Consistent
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: 1. To help establish and maintain a calm and pleasant
atmosphere in the cafeteria.
2. Through meaningful playground leadership, enable students to
enjoy group interaction and physical exercise which are an
integral part of the district educational program.
RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Organize students into orderly lines for acquiring food and
see that they go to assigned tables.
2. Encourage students to begin eating as soon as they are seated.
3. Assist younger students with use of utensils when needed
(especially first graders in September as this is their first
4. Help students develop and observe proper dining habits and
5. Circulate among the tables so as to be available to help children
and to take the initiative and responsibility to resolve problems
6. Wipe off lunchroom tables, benches, and seats as needed
during the lunch periods. A more thorough washing to the
above tops, edges, underside, etc., as needed after the last
lunch period before storing.
7. Clean up any spilled food or drink in the lunchroom at the
time of the mishap.
8. If the need arises, you may be called upon by the kitchen
personnel to assist in serving. (This would be the only time
you would be in the kitchen).
9. Supervise students for orderly disposal of food wastes,
trays, and utensils.
10. Supervise students for orderly dismissal from the lunchroom.
11. Direct movement of groups to and from playground.
12. Supervise students at playtime and maintain a harmonious
atmosphere on the playground.
13. Encourage group games and activities.
14. Report any malfunction and broken playground equipment
to the school office.
15. Report serious infractions of disciplinary rules by students
as so directed by the school principal.
16. Take part in in-service training programs.
17. Other duties as assigned.
EVALUATION: Performance for this position will be evaluated by the supervisor.