Varsity Wrestling Coach
Westwood Community School District
POSITION TITLE: Varsity Wrestling Head Coach
POSITION LOCATION: Robichaud High School
SALARY: Per negotiated agreement
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports directly to the Athletic Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledgeable about the rules and fundamental techniques required of the sport.
Ability to obtain current CPR / First Aid/ Lifeguard Certification when applicable.
Ability to work effectively with sport coaching staff parents and school staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following is a list of qualifications for the position, any of which may be waived by the Board of Education in exercising its prerogative to determine qualifications.
- Coach’s individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Works closely with other coaches and/or principals in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms as appropriate.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records, evidence of physical examination and similar paperwork.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facility or area in which the assigned sport is conducted at all times those students is present.
- Aids in establishment of performance criteria for interscholastic competition in his sport.
- Enforces disciplined and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual
- Participates annual MHSAA
- sponsored rules interpretation meeting for their individual sport(s). To abide by MHSAA by-laws, at least one coach form each sport must attend rules interpretation meetings.
- Attend additional meetings when specifically requested by the athletic director and/or principal.
- Bring recommendation for volunteers and assistants to the principal and Board of Education for approval.
- Work collaboratively with other coaches to provide student with opportunities for physical conditioning
- outside of the season, including summer conditioning and workouts.
- Work collaboratively with administration to support the program while at the same time controlling
- District expenses
- Is responsible for student supervision and safety before and after all activities and events both
- home and away.
- Maintains consistent communication with Athletic Director
- Develop positive self image with athletics
- Attends clinics / workshops related to sport.
- Utilize sound teaching methods to develop skills / techniques.
- Demonstrate positive team sportsmanship toward opponents and officials.
- Demonstrates effective management of pre-contest details.
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Add, subtract, and multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Work with parents and children of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Develop effective working relationships with students, staff, and the school community.
Perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and stand. Occasionally the employee will sit and or run. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the trunk while performing the duties of this job. The employee will frequently squat, stoop, kneel, reach above the head, reach forward and repeat the same hand motion many times while performing the duties of the job.
The specific vision requirements of the job include good depth perception and occasionally being able to see objects/persons at a distance. While performing the duties of the job the employee frequently is required to hear conversation and a quiet as well as a noisy environment and be able to tell where a sound is coming from. The employee must be able to communicate to the team in order to give directions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will continuously work inside or outside depending on the sporting event. Occasionally the employee must be able to meet deadlines with severetime constraints and interact with public and other workers. The employee has direct responsibility for the safety, well-being and work output of others. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.