JobID 2126 : Substitute Special Education Teacher (#688320)
Substitute Special Education Teacher
Essential Function A substitute special education teacher is hired with the understanding that his/her association with the school is on a substitute, on-call, as needed basis, because of the absence of a permanent or probationary employee. Position involves instruction, supervision and training of individuals and groups of students with a variety of needs in a special education setting. Position reports to Academic Dean/Principal.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise classroom consisting of up to eight students and up to eight staff members.
- Implement lesson plans / school curriculum
- Create lesson plans and schedules for assigned classroom group times (when necessary)
- Attend all assigned student IEP meetings.
- Collect data on student programs and behavior plans.
- Provide group instruction to all students within classroom on a daily basis; provide 1:1 instruction to students as needed.
- Perform other activities/duties as assigned by classroom supervisors and school administrators
- Must adhere to school rules and regulations and follow department policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Special Education or related field with a valid Illinois teaching license OR valid substitute teaching license in Illinois
- Experience in educating children with autism or related disorders preferred
- Experience in Applied Behavior Analysis and/or Verbal Behavior preferred
The Bancroft School encourages and gives full consideration to all applicants for employment. The Bancroft School does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or genetic information.