Speech Language Pathologist - Full Time
School Speech / Language Pathologist
Full Time Position / Year Round Private School
This position will report directly to the Dean of Students / Assistant Principal and indirectly to the Academic Dean / Principal. Provide direct supervision and evaluation of Teachers and Classroom Assistants providing direct feedback, and support in IEPs, alternative communication devices including attending IEP meetings when assigned. Providing speech/language programming and treatment in the areas of oral motor, speech and articulation, use of augmentative and alternative communication (AAC), receptive language, expressive language, and pragmatics, evaluate and develop programming for children with oral motor and swallowing needs, and develop and monitor individualized goals and plans according to treatment plan within an educational school setting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct periodic observations and skill probes of individual students
- Administration and formal documentation of assessments as needed for program and IEP development
- Development of IEP recommendations for students including review and documentation of present levels of performance, goals, and progress reports for IEPs
- Coordinate, facilitate and manage SETT meetings with school district and appropriate faculty
- Program, assess intervene, and evaluate progress and outcomes associated with AAC devices and interventions
- Provide initial and ongoing trainings for all staff in the areas of speech and language as assigned by Dean of Students / Assistant Principal
- Develops short and long-range plans consistent with curriculum / personal goals, learners’ diversity, and learning theory; developed through collaboration with the academic administration and teachers.
- May participate in IEP conferences including pre-referral interventions, placements, IEP’s and annual reviews.
- Helps identify and assess speech and language difficulties of students that interfere with their adjustment, academics and achievement in school.
- Participates and performs in other duties as assigned by the Dean of Students / Assistant Principal.
- Master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology
- Valid Speech Pathologist License (CCC-SLP) in IL required
- Knowledge and experience with augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices
- Experience across a variety of age ranges and abilities
- Experience and knowledge with the use of Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) and sign language
- At least three to five years’ experience in special education working early childhood through young adults; students across the Autism spectrum; and other special needs students
- Working experience, knowledge and understanding of a special education school
- Annual Base Salary $54,500 - $62,000
- Full Benefits Package
Please forward your letter of interest, resume and professional references to:
Tara Longest, Director of Administrative & Operational Services
fax: (630) 283-3482
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls accepted.
The Bancroft School encourages and gives full consideration to all applicants for employment. The Bancroft School does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or genetic information.