Pre-K Teacher (Pre-K) (2020-2021 School Year)
The teacher in the Pre-K classroom will be responsible for daily operations for his or her classroom. The teacher is required to provide high quality instruction to all students, every day. The classroom environment is supportive and community-based. The teacher is also required to cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with student's families, staff, and other members of the community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Able to effectively implement instructional programs and strategic interventions that drive results.
- Demonstrates effective classroom management skills that contribute to a positive learning environment.
- Understands how to use data to improve instruction and improve student achievement.
- Implements instructional activities that follow curricular guidelines and frameworks
- Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of students with various academic and social needs
- Provides a positive learning environment that promotes thinking
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment and meet school-wide goals
- Maintains a professional working relationship with parents
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal
- Participates in professional development opportunities
- 1 yr of teaching experience required.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering gains in student academic achievement.
- Demonstrated record of living LEARNS' Core Values.
- Must hold Professional Educator's License (Birth - 3rd Grade) from IL State Board of Ed.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for all full time employees, including Health insurance, dental, vision, paid vacation, personal days, paid holidays, short and long term disability, paid life insurance, 403B and the Chicago Teachers' Pension fund.
Caring for children can be physically demanding. Teachers may be lifting and carrying children and equipment, and may spend time sitting on the floor or child sized furniture. Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Teachers will also be expected to clean and maintain equipment and facility, and may move throughout the community with children. Physical demands require the ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, walk around the classroom and kneel upwards of 60% of the day. In addition walking up and down stairs several times a day. Must be able to lift 15 to 20 pounds for short periods of time and push and pull 15 to 20 lbs.
Teacher will be working in a busy and occasionally noisy environment. There may be a number of activities and situations happening at once, and the Teacher will have to supervise all children at all times. Majority of work will be performed in a general office/ school environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of LEARN Charter School Network. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.