JobID 1020 : Special Education Teacher Hillside IL (#666954)
Special Education Teacher LBS1 K-21
Menta Academy Hillside
4100 Warren Ave, Hillside IL 60162
8:00- 3:30 p.m. M-F following a school calendar
- Position is for full-time, permanent employment.
- **Possible Sign-On Bonus for Certified Special Education Teachers** Can be discussed in interview. Apply to arrange an interview.
- Accepting special-educators of all experience levels
- 10 Month position, 12 Month pay
About our School:
Hillside Academy is a therapeutic day school, K-12 that meets the social-emotional needs of its students. Classroom sizes average 10 students. Like all Menta schools, Hillside’s guiding principle is “we will never give up.” Hillside has a deep commitment to developing innovative strategies for ensuring that the children in our programs are not left behind.
As a Special Education Teacher at Hillside you will:
- Teach all subjects in a special education classroom
- Provide a differentiated learning environment
- Work collaboratively with staff, including curriculum and clinical staff to yield positive results for the students
- Personalize learning
- Provide a social-emotional learning environment
- Have a classroom size of around 10 students with Paraprofessional support in the classroom.
- Follow a PBIS Model
- Type LBS1/Special Education State of Illinois license at the elementary, middle to high school level LBS1 PK-21
- Or PEL Teacher Certification with a desire to obtain your LBS1 Certification
- Comprehensive training, experience, and mentoring in curriculum area
- Ability to teach a self-contained classroom within all basic instructional areas
- Ability to work a regular school day and the ability to work with youth with emotional/behavioral/academic difficulties
- Ability to be flexible, work in teams and creatively problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 403(b) Savings
- Generous Paid Benefit Time-Off for Full-Time Employees
- 10 Month Position with 12 Month Pay
E.O.E. The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.
How to Apply:
Go to www.thementagroup.org/careers/apply
Click on "Special Education Teaching"
Scroll to Job ID 1020
Click on the "Apply" Button to the right of Job ID 1020
Complete & submit application