Bilingual Instructional Assistant (Spanish)
Description: Hazel Crest School District 152½ is seeking individuals to a fill full-time, Bilingual (Spanish) Instructional Assistant.
Job Summary: This person will assist teachers, students, and parents with translating between the native language (Spanish) and English. This person serves as a liaison between the native language community and the school in helping each to understand the needs of students and the services of the school. The person who fills this position is responsible for assisting the classroom teacher in the instruction of pupils. This person will supervise students during activities. The Instructional Aide will assist with the communication, scheduling, and modification of curriculum.
- Qualified for Paraprofessional license (ie 60 credit hours of college coursework, associates degree, or passed paraprofessional text)
- Knowledge of curriculum materials and instructional techniques
- Initiative to follow through with assigned tasks
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- A physical exam and negative T.B. test are required
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English and in the Spanish language, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
Working Conditions: The work year for this position is 180 days. The salary is paid in accordance with the current teacher aide salary schedule. The district offers excellent fringe benefits, including life, health and dental insurance.
Application Procedure: Applicants should apply online at www.sd1525.org and upload a letter of application with resume, current transcripts (if applicable), and three (3) letters of recommendation.
Selection Procedures: Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable.