Technology Teacher (2020-21 School Year)
LEARN is a network of high performing college preparatory, tuition-free public elementary and middle schools. that serve children. There are 10 LEARN Schools serving 4,100 students in grades PK-8 across Chicago, Waukegan, and North Chicago.
LEARN and our amazing educators, have received numerous recognitions for making an impact in public education, including the 2018 Chicago Magazine's Top Elementary Charter Schools and the 2018 Illinois Network of Charter Schools Principal of the Year Award.
LEARN's mission remains crystal clear: to provide children with the academic foundation and ambition to earn a college degree. LEARN is currently looking for hard-working and passionate professionals that are dedicated to transforming public education.
The Technology Instructor position is to not only introduce and equip students with the know-how and utilization of technology in the classroom; but it is also to bring students to an accelerated level of expertise and understanding of technology and how these skills may be incorporated and applied in students' daily lives. The Technology Instructor's responsibility is to have students use these technological skills to enhance their knowledge about the world and their relationship to the growing demands of present day life and opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supports classroom teaching by incorporating relevant, current and appropriate grade level lessons that are directly correlated to homeroom instruction.
- Carries out ongoing assessment of technology and research skills
- Teach, model, demonstrate, and model technology for students at various grade levels
- Communicates regularly with classroom instructors regarding instruction provided and needs of students
- Keeps ongoing written documentation of student progress and communications with instructors
- Provide home/ school connections & coordinate parent workshops for identified parents
- Effectively performs job-related tasks
- Works with a minimum of supervision
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with staff
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Uses communication skills to promote relations with students, staff and parents
- Understands and carries out oral and written instruction
- Effectively communicates with students to promote student understanding
- Uses a variety of problem solving techniques
- Contributes positively toward the accomplishment of school and classroom goals
- Demonstrates teamwork
- Participates as requested or assigned in staff meetings
- Monitors students while instructor is occupied
- Cooperates with all staff members
- Consistently reflects on own teaching in order to monitor and make adjustments for next time
- Consistently enforces LEARN policies and expectations
- Observes designated work hours
- Complies with regulations of employee conduct
- Demonstrates knowledge of rules and regulations on discipline, procedures, curriculum, etc.
- Actively participates during professional development opportunities in a meaningful way
- Collaborates with colleagues and seeks out resources in order to grow professionally
- Works in a collegial and collaborative manner with school personnel
- Meets attendance standards and is consistently punctual
- Performing other duties and task as assigned
- Experience teaching Technology to K-8th grade students
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Knowledge of:
- Smart or Promethean Board
- Power Point
- Experience with various assessments (including MAP)
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Masters Degree (preferred)
- Professional Educator's License (preferred)
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Physically demands require the ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, walk around the classroom and kneel upwards of 60% of the day. In addition walking up and down stairs several times a day, must be able to lift 15 to 20 pounds for short periods of time and push and pull 15 to 20 lbs.
Majority of work performed in a general office environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of LEARN Charter Schools Network. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.