JobID 4630 : Part-time Custodian (#643393)
This is a 12-month position in Plattsmouth at approximately 25 hours per week.
1. Past custodial or related work experience preferred.
2. A good work record.
Reports to: The building principal or supervisor.
To assist in providing students and staff with a clean, safe, attractive and comfortable environment in which to learn and develop.
1. Coordinate the delivery of mail, packages, equipment, and supplies between school buildings.
2. Delivers requisitioned items according to established procedures. Inform supervisor when items are in short supply.
3. Unpacks items received, inspects for damages, and verifies accuracy of delivery. Stores items according to established procedures.
4. Maintain the school physical plant and grounds in a condition of operating excellence so that full educational use of them may be made at all times.
5. Keep sidewalks, driveways and play areas safe, neat and clean at all times.
6. Maintain the building consistent with the season and in accordance with sound energy conservation practices.
7. Insure that all exit doors are open and all panic bars are working properly.
8. Load and deliver food and supplies to assigned kitchens.
9. Set up school facilities for school events.
10. Follow established cleaning procedures on a daily basis and at such other times as deemed appropriate by the principal or supervisor.
11. Attend to minor repairs in the building and reports major repair needs to the principal or supervisor.
12. Conduct an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep, and repair.
13. Assist with the care and upkeep of all lawns and athletic fields in the district.
14. Attend to such other duties as may be assigned by the building principal, food service director, or supervisor.
15. Regular attendance is an essential duty for this position.
16. Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Terms of Employment:Salary and work year to be determined annually by the Board of Education.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the building principal and/or supervisor.