Description: The substitute teacher is responsible for carrying out the lesson plans of the teacher for whom he/she is substituting and meeting the duties of teaching as outlined in laws and policies.
1. Follow the lesson plan left by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting, in accordance with the District philosophy, goals, and objectives.
2. Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
3. Establish and maintain order in the classroom.
4. Maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
5. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, equipment, and facilities.
6. Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and School Board Policies.
7. Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with students, their families, and District personnel.
8. Report to the principal or his/her designee at the beginning and end of the school day.
9. Other duties as assigned by administration.
Qualifications: NDE Certification sufficient to work as a substitute teacher.
Supportive colleagues and administration.
Application Procedures: Apply online. EOE.