Roofer Lead - School Year 2020-2021
Spring Branch Independent School District
Job Title: Roofer Lead Reports To: Supervisor, Roofing Department Classification: Auxiliary (Skilled Labor) Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt Days: 250 Salary: See Compensation Plan for Auxiliary Pay Plan, Pay Grade 308 Contract: None Date Revised: 10/21/2019 Primary Purpose:
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of, but not limited to, single ply, metal, modified and built-up roofs by covering roofs of structures with shingles, slate, asphalt, aluminum, wood, spraying roofs, sidings and walls with material to bind, seal, insulate or soundproof sections of structures.Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- High school diploma or an equivalent recognized certification; Ten (10) years of commercial knowledge in the processes of the roofing trade; or any equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- Ability to effectively manage a crew of roofers with varying experience
- Skill(s) in the use of roofing tools and equipment.
- Working knowledge of tools, methods, and materials used in general maintenance and roofing trade work.
- Must be able to report and assist on water leaks and mold complaints.
- Ability to speak, read, write and translate fluently in Spanish and English highly desirable.
Responsibilities: Maintenance and Repair:
- Perform general work in the repair of asphalt, rubber, slate, tile, shingle and sheet metal coverings, to include the removal, replacement and repair of appropriate materials.
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics or other asphalted compositions.
- Assist in the determination of type, gauge and amount of materials required for performance of work.
- Assemble, install and inspect gutters, downspouts, flashings and other roofing materials.
- Work from written and verbal instructions, including drawings, diagrams, sketches, calculations using measuring equipment where appropriate.
- Participate, monitor and assist in the coordination of contractors' roof repairs; ensure compliance to instructions.
- Remove old roof covering and replace full roof covering to all styles of roofs, in accordance to manufactures specification. Look after tools, materials and equipment guarding against loss or theft and making them available for use when required.
- Maintain and replenish vehicle bench stock. Maintain and complete daily man-hour logs and other required documentation.
- Ability to recognize safety hazards in the work involved and takes precautionary measures to protect self and others.
- Participate in inspection of roofs for routine problems; participate in scheduled preventative maintenance programs to diagnose and troubleshoot roofing problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Hammer, chisel, punch, spray tool, air compressor, gauge and other roofing related tools as required. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Must be physically fit to set up, climb ladders periodically, withstand long hours in an upright, or crouched position.
- Continual standing, walking, pushing, and pulling.
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling and climbing (ladder), moderate lifting and carrying.
- Moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
Spring Branch Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status or disability.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.