Education Specialist: Emotional Disturbance - Anchorage, Alaska
Posted 6 months ago
Education Specialist - Emotional Disturbance
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
- Master’s degree in education with an emphasis on emotional/behavioral disorders OR a bachelor’s degree and suitable experience.
- Minimum three years recent experience working with students who experience emotional disturbance and their families.
- Implementation of knowledge and best practice in the education of students with emotional disorders.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to travel independently in rural/remote Alaska throughout the school year.
- Experience with distance education technologies, digital learning, and e-module creation.
- Requirements met for Alaska State Department of Education Special Education Type A Certificate or a Special Services Type C Certificate. (Visit http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification/app02.html for information of certification.)
- Demonstrated experience in training professionals, paraprofessionals, and community members.
- Interagency networking and collaboration.
- Familiarity and experience with conducting/facilitating functional behavioral assessment and positive behavioral support programs.
- Provide consultative services to district staff, students, and parents to include:
- Individualized educational recommendations through onsite and distance delivery for students age three through 21.
- Assessing identified students and interpreting results orally and in written form.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of student IEP/instructional programs.
- Evaluating student progress on an ongoing basis and recommending intervention strategies.
- Demonstrating/teaching specialized strategies and/or providing topical in-services and workshops to local school personnel, parents, students, peers, and community.
- Assisting districts in procuring/adapting specialized instructional materials.
- Facilitating interagency collaboration.
Patrick Pillai, Executive Director
Special Education Service Agency
3501 Denali Street, Suite 101, Anchorage, AK 99503Phone: (907) 602-8856 Fax: (907) 562-0545