Transportation School Bus Monitor
CONCORD COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
JOB TITLE: School Bus Monitor
TYPE OF POSITION: Classified
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
POSITION PURPOSE: Monitors conduct of students on school bus to maintain discipline and safety by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.1. Directs loading of students on bus to prevent congestion and unsafe conditions.
2. Rides school bus to prevent altercations between students and damage to bus.
3. Participates in school bus safety drills, C.P.R. classes and other safety related classes.
4. May disembark from school bus at railroad crossings and clear bus across tracks.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS:1. Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. High School diploma.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with groups of students and parents.
4. Skills in human relations.
5. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations requiring decision-making.
6. Other qualifications that the School Board may require.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell.
2. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.1. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
2. There are no environmental hazards indicated for this position.
TERMS: Length of year and salary to be determined by the School Board.
EVALUATION: Evaluation of performance on this job will be in accordance with the provisions in the policy handbook.