Instructional Assistant (Elementary)
Come join our amazing team! Avoca District 37 is a unique place to work, with a family-like climate. We are looking for an instructional assistant to join our elementary building, Avoca West, to support students in a variety of grade levels and instructional settings.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervision of students in before and after school programming
- Supporting individuals and small groups of students within the general education classroom
- Providing academic interventions/support in accordance with student plans
- Accommodating and modifying for diverse student needs
- Student centered - advocate for doing what's best to create a safe, successful experience for all students
- Reliability - dependable & punctual?
- Resourcefulness & flexibility - takes initiative, problem solves creatively, serves as a resource to others.
- Interpersonal Communication: ability to cooperate, collaborate, communicate and develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Attention to detail - performs work with accuracy and efficiency
$17.94 per hour, plus benefits
Valid certification to serve as a paraprofessional in the State of Illinois