Resident Teacher - AUSL Chicago Teacher Residency
Resident - Chicago Teacher Residency
The Chicago Teacher Residency (CTR) is a highly competitive, one-year teacher training program designed for talented and committed individuals who passionately believe that all students deserve a quality education. With over 1,000 graduates, CTR is the oldest and largest teacher residency program in the country, and has been recognized as a leader in teacher training.
CTR is an intensive and supportive program that develops highly-effective teachers through master’s level coursework partnered with in-classroom experience with guidance from expert coaches and mentors. With combining theory and practice, participants receive the tools they need to become highly-effective educators in Chicago Public Schools and beyond.
During your residency year you can look forward to:
- Graduate Level Coursework - Earn a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) or Master of Education in Urban Teaching (MEd) upon completion of the program
- In-Classroom Experience - spend the year student-teaching in an extended clinical experience
- One-on-One Coaching - Receive personalized feedback and support from an expert Mentor Resident Coach
- Cohort Model - Learn and work with other residents in a cohort, creating a built-in support system
- Job Placement - Commit to teach in an AUSL-Managed Chicago Public School
TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
As a resident, you will enroll at either DePaul University or National Louis University, depending on the master degree program you select. Tuition is approximately $20,000 for the one year master’s degree at either university.
All residents receive a $20,000 training scholarship (paid directly to you) which can be applied to tuition or used towards living costs.
- Bachelor’s Degree by start of the program
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- U.S. Citizen, national, or permanent resident
AUSL (Academy for Urban School Leadership) is a nonprofit school management organization operating in partnership with the Chicago Public Schools (CPS). Our mission is to create schools of excellence by developing highly effective teachers and transforming educational outcomes for students in what were once the lowest achieving schools. AUSL has been dedicated to dramatic school improvement since 2001, when we launched the country’s first residency program to train and develop highly effective teachers. The Chicago Teacher Residency (CTR) is a yearlong training program with curriculum and mentoring designed specifically for teaching in Chicago’s most at-risk communities. To learn more visit auslchicago.org
How to Apply
Submit an application at: www.ctrchicago.org/apply