Middle School Title I Math Instructor
Position: Middle School Title I Math Teacher
2017-2018 - Second Semester
$44,400 dependent on degree and experience; salary contingent on negotiations
Must hold appropriate license from the ND Education Standards and Practices Board
Middle School Endorsement required
Tile I Math Credential required or willing to obtain
SUMMARY: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students always treating students with dignity and respect.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon the request of the immediate supervisor. Develops instructional plans for substitute teachers when absent.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of learner outcomes specified in the Mandan Public Schools curriculum guides.
- Establishes and communicates to students clear objectives for all lessons and projects.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and technologies designed to meet the learning needs of individuals or student groups.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the mission, values, beliefs vision, and student exit outcomes as set forth in the Strategic Plan for the Mandan Public School District.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis, and provides progress reports to parents as needed.
- Assesses the special learning needs of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of other professionals as necessary.
- Takes all suitable and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being reasonably available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and evaluates their performance.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as reasonably required.
- Develops and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with students, staff, and parents.
- Demonstrates professional integrity, adheres to the Mandan Public Schools
- Code of Ethics, and handles confidential information appropriately.
- Performs other professional job-related duties assigned by the principal.
Terms of Employment: Salary and work year to be according to the master agreement between the Mandan Public Schools and the Mandan Education Association.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated according to school board policy.