Special Education Teacher
Now accepting applications for a Special Education Teacher:
To help each student realize his/her potential and to implement the educational goals and
objectives defined in the school district policy. Demonstrated ability to accurately assess need
and provide a range of appropriate services to students. The teacher creates a class environment
favorable to learning and personal growth; establishes effective rapport with pupils, motivates pupils to
develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation in accordance with each
pupil’s ability, establishes positive relationships with parents and other staff members.
1. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of State and local standards and curriculum
goals. Establishes and communicates clear objectives for all lessons, units, and activities.
2. Knowledge of and experience with pre-referral interventions and behavior contracts.
3. Understand IDEA, IEP, ILP, 504 guidelines and procedures
4. Instructs assigned course(s) of study and uses approved materials as adopted by the Board of
5. Develops lesson plans that, as much as possible, meet the individual needs, interests and abilities of
all students. Ability to modify curriculum.
6. Differentiates instruction for students by employing a variety of instructional techniques to meet
the needs and capabilities of diverse learners.
7. Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth and prepares progress reports as required.
8. Assists the administration in implementing the District’s philosophy of education, its policies and
rules governing instruction, student activities and conduct.
9. Administers group assessments in accordance with the District’s testing program approved by the
Board of Education and/or required by the State of Colorado.
10. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and
11. Develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure; maintains fair and just order in the
classroom appropriate to activity.
12. Assists in the selection and requisition of appropriate instructional materials; maintains required
13. Maintains accurate, complete and appropriate records as required by law, District policy, and
14. Assists in identifying pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in
assessing and addressing health, attitude and learning problems.
15. Communicates pupil progress and program information to parents and encourages their
involvement in their students’ schooling.
16. Makes reasonable provision for availability to students and parents outside the instructional day for
required or requested education-related purposes.
17. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher assistant(s) and volunteer(s).
18. Maintains professional competence and growth through participation in District provided and selfselected
staff development opportunities.
1. Attends and participates in staff meetings as required.
2. Becomes involved in faculty committees and sponsorships of student activities.
1. Valid certificate/license issued by the Colorado Department of Education.
2. Appropriate endorsement for the Special Education assignment.
3. Bachelors Degree, minimum
Contact: Darrin Peppard, Superintendent at 970-724-3217 or email email@example.com
Salary: $35,000 - $47,200 depending on experience and education
Deadline: Open Until Filled
The West Grand Schools house approximately 410 students K-12. The West Grand School District is on a 4-day week schedule (Monday through Thursday). The schools are located in a small rural town of 2,000 people called Kremmling, Colorado. Kremmling is nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains only 100 miles northwest of Denver. We are often referred to as "The Sportsman's Paradise" with 5 ski areas within 45 miles, 3 large lakes within 17 miles, hunting, Gold Water fishing, camping, hiking, snowmobiling and many more outdoor activities. Our town also hosts a hospital which serves the entire Grand County. Please log onto the Kremmling Chamber of Commerce at www.kremmlingchamber.com for more information about the town.
West Grand is an E.O.E.