JobID 312 : Upper Elementary CADRE teacher (#509017)
Job | Posted 20 days ago
Upper Elementary CADRE Teacher
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills by implementing the district’s approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students; creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents, and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
This position is only available to candidates who have a CADRE application on file with the University of Nebraska-Omaha.
- Develops and administers an elementary curriculum consistent with district goals and objectives.
- Plans individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others, and using play equipment.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the school system.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conductive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Maintains familiarity with district and state standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Maintains a positive learning environment through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of pupils’ work.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Plans and coordinates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Maintains a regular and predictable attendance history while employed by the district
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Must have a completed CADRE application on file with the University of Nebraska-Omaha
- Nebraska State Certification as an elementary teacher
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Successful prior teaching experience at the appropriate grade level preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Ralston Public Schools
8545 PARK DR, RALSTON, NE 68127-3690
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,439 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 13.56
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 166