Part Time Park Safety and Community Relations Associate
Posted 4 days ago
Education Products and Services
|Job Description||Part Time Park Safety and Community Relations Associate|
|Reports To:||Supervisor of Park Safety and Customer Relations||Supervisory Duties:||N/A|
|Employment Category:||Part Time||Class:||Non-Exempt|
|Department:||Parks and Planning|
|Last Revision:||January 2021|
Job Summary – About the RoleUnder the direction and supervision of the Superintendent of Parks, the Assistant Superintendents of Parks and the Supervisor of Park Safety and Community Relations, the Part Time Park Safety and Community Relations Associate are responsible for promoting a safe environment in all parks and facilities. The Part Time Park Safety and Community Relations Associate shall complete his/her assigned duties to the best of his/her abilities, offering suggestions of better ways to accomplish jobs while maintaining the best interests of the St. Charles Park District and of fellow employees.
Knowledge, Skills & ExperienceThis position is well suited for an individual with a friendly and positive disposition, is productive and shows initiative, possesses effective written and oral communication skills, and is reliable and safety-oriented.
Need to Have: A valid driver’s license and must be at least 18 years of age. Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions in the workplace. Must be able to assess potentially volatile or unsafe situations and call 911 and supervisor when necessary. Must have or obtain CPR/AED/First Aid Certification and Mandated Reporter certification within 3 months of hire.
Nice to Have: Preferred with at least two years of experience in overseeing grounds and facilities, community service, and special events. Will possess good knowledge of Park District policies, rules and regulations and become familiar with all St. Charles Park District parks and facilities.
Essential Functions of the Position or RolePark District Cornerstones
- Follow all departmental safety rules that pertain to the duties performed and support all aspects of Park District’s safety and risk management program.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with residents, colleagues, the public, PDRMA and other agencies or organizations as delegated.
- Recommend improvements and efficiencies to better accomplish individual and district goals in the best interests of the St. Charles Park District community.
- Comply with all Park District policies and administrative procedures.
- Provide directions and assistance to park users.
- Cooperate with Supervisor of Park Safety and Community Relations, the St. Charles Police and Kane County Sheriff police to ensure safety in the parks and enforce Park District policies, rules, and ordinances.
- Complete accurate and detailed reports to the Supervisor of Park Safety and Community Relation.
- Patrol all St. Charles Park District parks and facilities.
- Promote and stimulate good relationships with park users.
- Secure park gates.Patrol and lock facilities.
- Transport and deposit funds collected from park facilities.
- Attend staff and other program related meetings as required.
- Follow all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed.
- Support all aspects of the Park District's safety program.
- Handle potential medical emergencies within the employee’s certification and abilities until more advanced care arrives.
- Assist with special events.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Position or Activity Frequently (46-100% of the time) Occasionally (16-45% of the time) Rarely (0-15% of the time)
Strength Routinely push, pull and/or lift to waist up to 40 lbs. unassisted and at times 41-50 lbs. with assistance.