Computer Technology Education Teacher
Posted a month ago
- Under the general supervision of the School Leader, to develop students' skills and competence in business and industry, technical skills, the use of technology, and the ability to problem solve in a wide variety of settings.
- Develops and administers technology education curriculum consistent with Academy goals and objectives; develops technology units to be delivered in the classroom or technology lab.
- Teaches skill and knowledge in mechanics, drafting, electricity, electronics, metalwork, graphic arts, woodworking, or related fields.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials, and utilizes appropriate equipment for subject area; translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of technical skills to everyday existence; guides students in the selection of projects or experiments.
- Instructs students in the proper and safe use, care and storage of tools, machines and equipment.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Maintains familiarity with Academy and Michigan State standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by Academy procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records; ensures machines and equipment are in proper working order.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the School Leader and other central office administrators.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- In-dept knowledge of, and ability to use, MS Office Standard (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Knowledge of PC and MAC hardware and software.
- Knowledge of a wide range of industrial, technical and technology-related subject areas, as well as best practices in incorporating technology into student learning activities.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Michigan State Teacher's Certification with Technology endorsement.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Successful prior teaching experience preferred.