Assistant Coach -Softball (Girls')
Job | Posted 6 months ago
LEAP Academy University Charter School is seeking a highly qualified Assistant Coach -Softball (Girls') to partner with the Athletic Head Coach to assist athletes in their skill development and ensure peak performance and fitness are achieved during competitions, tournaments, matches, trials, and all qualifying events. The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the Softball program. This position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing
student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the
- head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials,and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by the head coach.
- Assists the head coach with submitting a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Performs support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency data cards, and other related records.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Head Softball Coach, Principal or other appropriate administrator.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Some experience as an Assistant Softball Coach at the high school or college level
preferred. Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess some knowledge
of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport. Must possess the ability to
establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to
dial a telephone, see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids;
hear and understand speech at normal levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible
tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder
height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to
walk and to reach overhead.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are
normally performed in a school environment or outdoors. Duties may be occasionally performed
on field trips away from school. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary & Benefits
Contracted Seasonal Stipend
Not benefits eligible
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA) Certified;
- CPR & First Aid Certified;
- Proven track record of successful leadership and team progression;
- Knowledgeable on the latest development and innovative training methods and techniques;
- Must be available for all games.
Leap Academy University Charter School
549 Cooper Street , Camden, NJ 08102
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345