Long Term Substitute KDG Teacher
Long Term Kindergarten Substitute Teacher Position
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
A caring, certified elementary school teacher will serve as a long-term substitute teacher in a Kindergarten classroom. January 22, 2021, through May 24, 2021. The teacher will be responsible for all aspects of the classroom.
Sub must be registered through Willsub/PCMI/ESS
REPORTS TO: Mrs. Sarah Coates, Elementary Principal
COMPENSATION: $90 per day for the first 10 days/$125 per day after the first 10 days
- Shall provide and utilize instructional plans, strategies, methods, materials, and techniques that best meet the needs of individual students.
- Shall provide the leadership and direction of classroom aides working with students.
- Shall be responsible for the maintenance, disciplinary and instructional activities in the classroom, in transit and in other school settings where no other professional is in charge.
- Familiar with Assertive Discipline.
- Familiar with Michigan Academic Standards, and Early Literacy Essential Practices.
- Shall make appropriate referrals.
- Shall participate in Individual Educational Plan for Special Education students when needed.
- Shall meet with parents at scheduled conferences.
- Shall attend required workshops, and in-services.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- To keep all student, parent, and staff information confidential.
- To keep a positive attitude in working with students, parents, other staff members, and community members who visit Carrollton Public Schools, facilities, or programs.
- Demonstrate competency in technology.
- Cooperate with teachers, students, and administration.
- Ability, and willingness to provide behavioral modifications when needed.
- Must be able to lift, and restrain students when necessary.
- To ensure a safe environment for students at all times.
- To meet and greet visitors in a positive, helpful manner.
- Must be willing to receive additional training to improve job skills.
- Familiarity with MLPP (MI. Literary Program Profile)
- Familiarity with the Michigan Common Core State Standards.
- To maintain daily lesson plans.
- to use proper phone etiquette at all times
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Show an interest in after school activities
- Must be certified by the State of Michigan in K-5 for all subjects.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to work well with staff, parents and students.
- Must demonstrate competency in the classroom.
- Must satisfactorily pass:
- Law enforcement background check with fingerprinting
- Personal and professional reference background check
- Must receive a satisfactory response to P.A. 189 letter (Misconduct Law).
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
|In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, and the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, it is the policy of the Carrollton Public School District that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, disability, height, weight, or marital status be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to, discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment. For information, inquiries, or to file a complaint, contact the Superintendent of Carrollton Public Schools at PO Box 517, Carrollton, MI 48724. (989) 754-1475|