Paraprofessional (Teacher Aide/Instructional Aide)
Assists the special education teacher in providing support for students with special needs, assists in instructional tasks, routine record keeping, maintenance of the classroom materials, and in the overall guidance of pupil activities including self-care.
Professional Educator License with Stipulations-Paraprofessional Endorsement (PELS-PARA)
Professional Educator License
- Assist teacher in preparation of instructional materials.
- Escort students to and from bus loading location as needed
- Tutor work with special education students in all subject areas in either small groups or one to one setting under the supervision of the teacher
- Record student daily work and assessments as required
- Ensure the safe evacuation of mobility impaired students during emergency drills or events
- Provide testing accommodations to special education students as needed
- Assist general education teacher in implementing positive behavior strategies and/or facilitating learning
- Escort and instruct students on field trips and community based learning experiences
- Assist students throughout the building including lunchroom, recess and PE settings
- Assist in implementation of behavior intervention plans
- Computer Skills: Information Management (Word, Excel, Google Docs, Calendar, Email), Programming communication system (Augmentative communication devices), create communication boards with Boardmaker Application software; create individual schedules, worksheets, lessons, etc. using computer software
- Perform other duties and special assignments as directed by the teacher or administration
Interested candidates should complete an online application and submit electronically any application materials (resume, transcripts, letters of recommendation). Applicants are asked not to mail paper documents. Please contact Cynthia Riha, Director of Student Services.