JobID 200 : Substitute Teachers - Retired Teachers Only (#449493)
Job | Posted 2 years ago
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate (Primary or Secondary Education) or Current Substitute Teacher Permit.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Three (3) years of paid work experience in teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to work with parents and children from all levels of society and to maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge of child development theories and principles.
- Demonstrated excellent classroom management skills.
- Knowledge and demonstration of teaching methods for pre-school, K-12.
- Knowledge of Michigan Department of Human Services regulations and Child Protection Act.
- Demonstrated computer and keyboarding skills to effectively use software products to facilitate lesson plans, assessments, IEP, program reports and word processing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Criminal background and fingerprinting checks as required by licensing requirements and program. Must be free of any substantiated child abuse or neglect charges per the Michigan Department of Human Services.
The Glen Lake Community School District and its Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
Glen Lake Community Schools
3375 WEST BURDICKVILLE RD, MAPLE CITY, MI 49664-8753
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,292 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 199