Bilingual Teacher - Spanish or Arabic - K-5
Posted 3 years ago
Title: Bilingual Teacher - Spanish or Arabic - K-5
- Minimum Qualifications - Valid Illinois Professional Educator License with appropriate content area endorsement (TBE Spanish)
- Experience as a classroom teacher
The mission of School District 123 is “Learning Today for a Successful Tomorrow.” The position of Curriculum Facilitator has been established for the purpose of assisting teachers in turning learning strategies into meaningful learning experiences, which help students throughout the district reach their goals and objectives.
Director of English Learner Programs/Building Principal
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, physical demands and working conditions required of this position.
- Demonstrate support for the Mission, Vision, and Goals of the Oak Lawn-Hometown School District 123
- Uphold the established Board of Education policies, regulations, and administrative procedures
- Plan and implement scientifically based professional development opportunities using methods and materials which are most appropriate for meeting district goals and objectives
- Communicate and cooperate with colleagues, students, parents, and the community in English and Spanish as needed to meet professional standards
- Maintain and improve professional competence
- Participate in meetings and perform other responsibilities as assigned by the principal or designee in accordance with the contract and Board of Education
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job
Terms of Employment
Hours/Day: (CBA – Art. II – Section 10.A)
Months/Year: (CBA – Art. II – Section 10.B)
Salary: Please see Collective Bargaining Agreement
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the designated administrator in accordance with the Board of Education’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
The School Board of Oak Lawn-Hometown School District 123, prohibits any and all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, homelessness, or disability or other basis prohibited by law in any of its programs, services, activities or employment.