Early Childhood Instructor
Under the supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation, Assistant Superintendent of Recreation and the Early Childhood Supervisor, the Early Childhood Instructor is responsible for planning and implementing seasonal programs for children ages 1-6 years old, including but not limited to: providing customer service, general safety and development, supervision of small groups of children, and providing high quality recreational activities.
The Early Childhood Instructor will develop age appropriate, seasonal recreational programs to accoommodate children ages 1-6 years old. Specifically looking for an instructor with availability to offer early childhood programs on Saturday mornings and some evenings at Pottawatomie Community Center.
- College degree in early childhood, elementary education, child development, recreational programming or related field preferred
- Interest and experience in STEAM, cooking, and art desired
- Experience in classroom setting working with children ages 1-6
- Evenings and Saturdays, flexible to accomodate schedule and program needs
- 5-10 hours a week depending on enrollment of classes and season
- Early Childhood Instructor: starting at :$15/hour, DOQ