Police Officer - School Year 2020-2021
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Education Products and Services
Spring Branch Independent School District
Job Title: Police Officer Reports To: Chief of Police Classification: Auxiliary (Skilled Labor) Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt Days: 250 Salary: See Compensation Plan for Auxiliary Pay Plan, Pay Grade 309
Supplemental Pay available for Intermediate, Advanced and Master Certification. (Opportunity for Overtime) Contract: None Date Revised: 10/21/2019 Primary Purpose: Responsible for handling law enforcement matters throughout the district as enumerated in the S.B.I.S.D. Police Department "Standards of Operations Manual", Board of Trustees Policies and applicable national, state and local laws. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- A current Texas Peace Officer's license issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with youth as well as adults.
- Five (5) years of full time paid peace officer employment preferred.
Responsibilities: Law Enforcement:
- Patrol assigned campus and respond to all calls from local school principal, or designee, regarding crisis situations.
- Escort district personnel in potentially hostile situations and assist staff with after hour functions upon their request.
- Enforce all laws of both felony and misdemeanor degree of federal, state, or local origin and enforce all rules and regulations promulgated by the S.B.I.S.D Board of Trustees.
- Investigate motor vehicle traffic accidents and stop and identify suspicious persons and/or vehicles.
- Assist principals with domestic complaints or complaints concerning unauthorized persons on campus and assist other police agencies concerning criminal investigations when requested.
- Assist the Transportation Dept. with problem bus stop areas and/or chronic disruptions on school buses upon their request.
- Be able to fulfill telecommunication duties when necessary.
- Write effective, legal incident reports, collect evidence as necessary for supporting criminal investigations and apprehend offenders.
- Take such other actions within the guidelines set forth in the "Procedures Manual" as deemed necessary in order to fulfill objectives in manual and proficient operating of computer records systems, Harris County JIMS, DIMS, JOTS and HPD Mobile Data Terminals.
- Maintain firearms proficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Computer, various office equipment and district vehicle. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Continual standing, walking, pushing and pulling.
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling and climbing (ladder), moderate lifting and carrying.
- Overtime as needed.
- Moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
955 Campbell , Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558