JobID 246 : Part-Time Food Service Aide (#421119)
JOIN OUR TEAM AS A FOOD SERVICE SUBSTITUTE!
Immediate openings for part time substitute elementary school food service workers at Conestoga Valley School District. Working hours will vary but are between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM. Transition to a regular position is possible.
SOS Group collaborates with schools to create innovative solutions, implemented with pride, passion, and knowledge to improve the student experience every day and we’re looking for individuals to join our team. Learn more at www.sosgroupinc.com.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation, recording, and maintenance of all items required to set up, serve, cashier and clean up student meals.
- Prepares according to kitchen standards cold sandwiches, fruits, vegetables, and any menu item as directed for daily use
- Serves meals on line during lunch shift as directed
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work area, including work areas, cafeteria tables, chairs, and floors.
- Record and cashier student meals or a la carte items as needed.
- Meets NSLP Professional Standards Training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the site supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively, both orally and in writing, with the administrative staff, professional and support staff, students, parents, and community.
- Knowledge of proper methods of preparing, handling, and storing of food in quantity and quality.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to complete necessary work physically and cognitively
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible with daily routines.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others
High School Diploma or GED
Previous experience or knowledge of food preparation and handling is desired.
This position requires:
- A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license,
- Medical examination/Tuberculosis test as per Pennsylvania law,
- Act 114 - FBI Clearance (Service Code #1KG6XN )
- Act 34 – Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH)
- Act 151 - Department of Human Services (DHS) Child Abuse History (Indicate SCHOOL as the "Purpose of Clearance")
CONTINUOUS TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Meet annual NSLP Professional Standards Training requirements
Information listed above is subject to change.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability or disabilities to perform the primary duties and responsibilities of the job.
SOS Group Inc. & SOS Group Lancaster LLC does not discriminate in our activities or employment practices, based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry or any other legally protected classification. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. Information relative to special accommodation, grievance procedure, and the designated responsible official for compliance with Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 may be obtained by contacting the SOS Administration. EOE