Send a letter of interest and resume (that includes references) to Principal Debra Houghton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Bookkeeper, Elementary School
Reports To: The Principal and MSIS Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Bookkeeper is responsible for accounting and maintenance of all district financial records, as well as, timely filing of required district reports.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years experience in a clerical position preferred
- Collects funds from all academic and athletic student events (e.g. ticket sales, yearbook purchases, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy and timely completion of transactions.
- Compiles financial information related to the school site (e.g. accounts payable/receivable, collecting, verifying, depositing all money collected, write receipts, documentation for audits, classified staff and substitutes, etc.) for the purpose of providing required documentation and/or processing information.
- Maintains financial records related to student activities and/or events (e.g. tickets sales, yearbooks, dancers, fundraisers, club activities, student project, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completeness and availability of records and compliance with district policy and established regulatory guidelines.
- Monitors financial procedures with individuals responsible for school site financial operations (e.g. student activities, fundraiser, bookstore, Athletic Department, student clubs, etc.) for the purpose of providing services within established guidelines.
- Performs general clerical functions (e.g. answering the telephone, distributing mail, packages, supplies, scheduling, copy, faxing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting site activities.
- Prepares written materials and electronic financial information (e.g. receipt report, account status by a club, activity ticket revenue, student fees, gift/donation, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing a reference, conveying information, and complying with establishing financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Processes financial information (e.g. all purchase orders, accounts payable, payment for officials/security for home athletic events, etc.) for the purpose of updating and distributing information, authorizing for action and/or complying with establishing accounting practices.
- Reconcile financial data for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances and ensuring compliance with establish accounting practices.
- Request quotations from vendors, warehouse, and/or District office staff for the purpose of providing cost information, purchasing and securing items.
- Researches discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy and adhering to established procedure prior to processing.
- Responds to inquiries of staff and administration regarding financial procedures for the purpose of providing information, director and/or referral for addressing inquiry.
- Trace errors and records adjustments to correct charges or credit posted to incorrect amounts or accounts.
- Prepare and code all accounts payable invoices for payment.
- Prepare purchase orders for computer posting and encumbrance or encumbrance liquidations.
- Correspond with vendors to research shipment shortages, review errors on invoices and correct related problems.
- Reviews travel vouchers.
- Tracks grants and prepare final cost reports.
- Process field trip requests.
- Prepare and process worker’s compensation first report of injury.
- Draft letters and memos.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a standard office setting and school/classroom combined with a server room. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate and occasionally high.
|Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. The job description is not a contract or employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.|