Applicants must hold a valid Mississippi Edudcator License with endorsment code: 154. Send a letter of interest and resume to Mrs. Shay H. Williamson, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Job Title: High School Math Teacher
Reports To: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
The educator is the primary instructional delivery person in the classroom. Student achievement and growth are primarily dependent on the work and efforts of the classroom teacher. The classroom teacher must be a relationship builder, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be well trained in content knowledge and teaching strategies.
- Possess proper certification and current licensure for position as required by the Mississippi Department of Education
- Hold at least a valid Class “A” Certificate issued by the Mississippi State Department of Education and endorsed in the field of instruction to which he/she is assigned
- Have met other qualifications and requirements as established by the school district
ESSENTIALS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach Math classes.
- Maintain appropriate licenses and training hours as required.
- Works closely with administration and staff to develop an appropriate instructional program
- Develop instructional lessons commensurate with teaching assignment and consistent with adopted curriculum
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of all students
- Prepare written plans for each day’s lessons
- Establish appropriate plans for substitute teachers
- Work with specific program and special education staff to best serve the educational needs of all students
- Create an environment that is conducive to learning
- Develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior that complements district’s philosophy on discipline
- Communicate expectations regarding student behavior to student and parent/guardian
- Monitor progress and interpret evaluation results of students on a regular basis and provide appropriate progress reports.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and Board policy
- Attend staff meetings, serve on committees, and participate in in-service activities
- Keep a current inventor of classroom curriculum materials, supplies, and equipment
- Provides learning experiences for student commensurate with their ability and interest and which promote high expectations for all students commensurate their ability and interest and which promote high expectations for all students
- Develop written lesson plan containing specific performance objectives
- Monitor student performance by becoming thoroughly familiar with the student’s records and utilizing test data to improve instruction
- Provide a safe, orderly atmosphere conducive to learning
- Develop and maintain a classroom discipline plan in keeping with School Board policies and procedures
- Be responsible for supervision of students inside and outside the classroom as required by school board policy
- Assist in selecting supplies, materials, textbooks, and equipment to enhance learning
- Participate in professional staff development activities
- Strive for excellence in all school related endeavors
- Cooperate with local and district staff in planning and implementing system-wide goals and objectives
- Attend regular and called faculty meetings
- Keep accurate records and provide students with feedback on completed assignments
- Upgrade teaching certificate as required by state certification standards and local district policy
- Be punctual and conscientious in school attendance and participate in related functions as assigned by the principal
- Clear any absence, as far in advance as possible, with the principal or his/her designee
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules and regulations, administrative procedures, and School board policies
- Maintain good public relations with parents and students
- Assist in the continuing development of subject area curriculum objectives
- Make provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
- Be cognizant of the rules and regulations, policies, and procedures governing special education programs within the school district
- Be knowledgeable of the district’s curriculum, Mississippi Curriculum frameworks, Mississippi assessment System, FLE skills in his/her subject area(s)
- Participate cooperatively in the supervision-evaluation process for the purpose of improving instruction and student achievement.
- Assist other teachers in the instructional improvement process
- Work collegially with other teachers in the sharing of ideas and skills
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities assigned by the principal in order to contribute to an effective school operation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a standard office setting and school/classroom combined with a server room. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate and occasionally high.
|Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. The job description is not a contract or employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.|