JobID 4353 : High School Art Teacher (#413252)
Reports to: Principal and/or other supervisor
Terms of Employment: 187 day position with benefits provided according to the Teacher's Negotiated Agreement
Essential Job functions:
1. Participate in curriculum review and design.
2. Implement a variety of effective instructional strategies consistent with lesson objectives
3. Diagnose and evaluate a students abilities and progress in a timely and consistent manner.
4. Monitor student progress and adjust instruction accordingly
5. Plan a program of study that meets the indivudual needs, interests, and abilikties of the students.
6. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
7. Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
8. Refer students for alternative services as provided by the District (ESL, Reading, Special Reading).
9. Effectively implement district initiatives.
10. Effectively collaborate with department and grade level teachers.
Other job functions:
1. Abide by state stautes, school board policies and regulations.
2. Attend meetings and performs duties as assigned by administrators or supervisors.
3. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
4. Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
5. Serve on Committees as assigned.
6. Remain current on instructional practices in education (e.g. instructional technology)