Posted 3 years ago
JOB DESCRIPTION – TEACHERQUALIFICATIONS:
A Certification in area of instruction
REPORTS TO AND SUPERVISED BY:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT/SALARY:
Terms of employment and salary will be recommended by the superintendent and established by the school board.
- The teacher is expected to work in cooperation with the superintendent, as well as other administrators and staff in the East Tallahatchie School District.
- The teacher is expected to follow the chain of command.
- The teacher is expected to maintain a positive attitude.
- The teacher is expected to attend every day of school as far as possible..
- The teachers are expected to follow district policy concerning discipline of students.
- The teacher is expected to attend faculty meetings.
- The teacher is expected to present his/her principal/supervisor weekly lesson plans.
- The teacher is expected to teach the prescribed Board approved curriculum.
- The teacher is expected to use the SAMS7 tracking system of student’s progress.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of appropriate classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media/ consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking assistance of Sped. Director.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Signs and adheres to the district's internet use policy.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom/ develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being available to students, parents, and administration for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads; evaluates their job performance.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
HOUSINGThe teacher will be housed at the school in which he/she is instructing students.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENTThe teacher is expected to attend all professional development as required by the district.
The teacher is responsible for keeping current certification in the area he/she is employed to teach, a current certificate is to be on file at the district office.
A teacher may attend an approved workshop that will enhance his/her instruction. Each workshop attended must be approved by the teacher’s principal/supervisor and superintendent.