Automotive Teacher - Vocational
Posted 3 years ago
VOCATIONAL CLASSROOM TEACHER (Carpentry)
GRADES 7-12JOB DESCRIPTION
- Proper certification as required by the Mississippi Educator Licensure Department.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Vocational Director
SUPERVISES: Assistant Teacher and Volunteers, if assigned.
JOB GOAL: To help students achieve a designated set of behavioral objectives that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
1. Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the time designated.
2. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of students.
3. Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
4. Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior, and handle own minor discipline problems.
5. Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives and have been proven by research to have a positive correlation with pupil learning, while avoiding those known to have negative correlations.
6. Strive to implement, by instruction and action, the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
7. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
8. Evaluate student programs on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
9. Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
10. Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
11. Make provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
12. Attend and participate regularly in faculty meetings.
13. Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
14. Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials, when requested.
15. Accept a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities, as assigned.
16. Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
17. Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
18. Provide for own professional growth, especially in area of assignment through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
19. Make sure that relevant, quality instructions and assignments are provided for class and substitute teacher when absent.
- Perform out-of-class duty when and where assigned with regularity.
- Establish and utilize an advisory or craft committee for all phases of the program(s).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board of Trustees.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.