JobID 2634 : Food Service Worker (#412853)
Description of Position
The cafeteria worker will be responsible for the preparation and serving of attractive, nutritious meals to students and staff in a clean pleasant atmosphere.
Area of Responsibility
Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Follow at all times instructions given by the Food Service Director and Food Services Manager and be ready to give all possible cooperation to others in the department
- Serve in any capacity which may be necessary in any situation
- Guard against waste. NO LEFT OVERS ARE TO BE TAKEN FROM THE CAFETERIA AT THE END OF THE DAY. THIS IS A STATE REQUIREMENT.
- Take good care of equipment - Learn how to operate the equipment you use
- Observe safety rules – Is safety conscious
- Develop and maintain an attitude of helpfulness and friendliness toward our students and faculty
- Maintain high standards in relation to personal hygiene and sanitation. Uniforms will be worn. Hair nets are a health requirement
- Attend training courses provided by the state, school or district
- Cooperate with faculty, students, director, manager, and other workers
- Keep a clean area where you work. Clean floors, tables and chairs in the dining area;
- COOK ALL FOODS BY APPROVED RECIPES
- Strive to maintain standards for flavor, appearance and nutritional value in all foods cooked
- Make the best use of facilities provided and will make it a personal responsibility to care for equipment in the proper manner
- Perform other duties as assigned by the cafeteria manager
- Ability to read, interpret and make adjustments to recipes as required and competence in assigned duties.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience may substitute as education
- Such other qualifications as may be set by the Food Service Director and Administration.
Reports to the
Term of Employment