Physical Education Teacher
Posted 3 years ago
As part of the teaching assignment, teaches physical education to students and assists in other school programs as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION – Valid Mississippi Teaching License with appropriate endorsements
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, gymnastics, body mechanics, rhythms and dance, and individual dual or team games to students.
- Works cooperatively with other classroom teachers planning a balanced physical education program
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games. and fundamentals of body movement
- Provides appropriate individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on the equipment and field areas to ensure the overall well being of students
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas
- Evaluates teach student’s growth in physical fitness, physical skills, knowledge, and social and emotional growth.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in professional development
- Works with other staff in developing out of class playground activities for intramurals, clubs, field days, festivals, free play activities at recess, noon, before or after school.
- Provides a suitable learning environment conducive to the develop of the student’s concept of self and positive attitude toward learning
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, as defined in District policy and regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit.
Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination. Some tasks require oral communications ability.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Duties are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. The Natchez-Adams School District will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions of the job when such individuals request an accommodation.