JobID 216 : (PA) BCIU Paraprofessional (#412382)
A Source4Teachers substitute employee is someone who is hired with the understanding that their association with our partnering school district/s will be on a substitute basis, as needed, because of the absence of a permanent or probationary district employee. Substitute employees are paid at an hourly or per diem rate, determined by the position and qualifications. Click here for state specific Substitute Employee Minimum Requirements.
Job involves instruction, supervision and/or training of individuals or groups of students with a wide variety of needs in a regular and/or special education setting. Job activities include instruction of students in a variety of education environments including classrooms, learning centers, vocational programs, the community and/or other institutional facilities.
Experience With the Following Preferred:
• Ability to follow formal lesson plans and/or detailed instructions.
• Ability and willingness to take initiative to ensure that all policies and processes are executed to fidelity.
• Ability and willingness to be self-directed and follow-up without being prompted.
• Ability and willingness to participate in the overall program of the school including extracurricular activities.
• Ability to be flexible and multi-task.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in specific field.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form.
• Ability to perform duties with awareness of all Source4Teachers requirements and Board of Education policies
Why Work for Source4Teachers?
Source4Teachers was established in 2000 with the vision of enhancing the educational experience for students by staffing talented substitute teachers, substitute paraprofessionals, and substitute support staff in school districts. As a Source4Teachers substitute, you will become board-approved to work in any of our partner school districts throughout the state. You will have the flexibility to choose when and where you want to work - we have plenty of daily and long-term positions.