*To apply, please download and fill out the attached GCMS Employment Application File and bring it to the Unit Office located at 307 N Sangamon Ave. Gibson City, IL 60936. Blank applications can also be picked up from the Unit Office.
1. High School diploma
2. Background Check
3 Required physical and TB test.
4 Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
5 Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor and Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient place in which to learn, play, and develop.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently is required to work at heights, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds.
- Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times.
- Shovels, plows, and sands walks, driveways, parking areas, and steps, as appropriate.
- Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and/or locked and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
- Sweeps classrooms daily and dusts furniture.
- Cleans corridors after school each day, and during the day when their condition requires it.
- Scrubs, hoses down, and disinfects toilet and locker room floors daily, and cleans all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
- Help in lunch rooms daily by moving tables and collecting and emptying garbage. Mop floors after lunch.
- Washes all windows on both the inside and outside of building whenever needed.
- Keeps the grounds free from rubbish.
- Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
- Cleans all chalkboards & whiteboards at least once a week or as requested.
- Makes minor building repairs and does painting.
- Reports major repairs promptly to maintenance personnel or building principal.
- Reports immediately to the principal any damage to school property.
- Remains on the school premises during school hours, and during nonschool hours when the use of the building has been authorized to his attendance required by the principal.
- Assumes responsibility for the opening and closing of the building each school day for determining, before leaving, and all doors and windows and secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
- Keeps an inventory of supplies, equipment, and requisitions such needed replacements from the principal far enough in advance so that they may be delivered in such time as will not kinder the custodian in his duties.
- Moves furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities and as directed by the principal.
- Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste.
- Sees that packages and mail get to the office properly.
- Conducts periodic inspections of all electrical installations in the school to ensure their safe conditions.
- Other duties as assigned related to position
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per Board Policy
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Support Personnel by the Director of Maintenance.
Adopted: June 16, 2011