JobID 12661 : School Social Worker - Unity Junior High School (#412208)
Title I School Social Worker - This is a full time position.
Provide support to students in the area of conflict resolution, truancy prevention, and other social emotional issues that create barriers to school success.
The Title I school social worker will meet the requirements of the Title I Plan for Unity Junior High which will include engaging parents and families in school involvement.
The Title I school social worker will be supervised by the building principal.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Conducting family needs assessments
- Participation in assessment and identification of students in need of Title I Social Work support
- All recordkeeping associated with program delivery
- Securing Title I parent compacts
- Working with the RtI team to support students through a MTSS.
- Planning and implementing parent and family outreach
- Delivery of social emotional supports and interventions to help students reach school based goals
- Promoting and parent involvement in school based activities.
- Coordinating with faculty and staff in order to generalize skills learned in group and individual settings to the classroom.