Speech and Language Specialist
Michigan Technical Academy is looking for a Speech and Language Specialist that will utilize leadership, advocacy, and collaboration to provide prevention, assessment, and remediation services for students who exhibit difficulties in the areas of language, speech, voice, and fluency.
The Speech and Language Specialis is responsible for:
- Organizing a program that addresses speech and language goals.
- Working with school personnel to accomplish goals and objectives of the district.
- Scheduling interventions using a variety of service delivery models, including classroom intervention, consultation or pull out activities.
- Serving on student intervention teams/IEP teams as appropriate.
- Providing information to parents about speech and language development.
Current knowledge of best practices