Driver – School Bus – Part-time Starting Salary is $26.05
CDL License Class B/School Bus and Passenger Endorsement is required. Must complete a Criminal History Background check.
School Bus Drivers
If you want to drive a school bus in New Jersey, you will need "P" and "S" endorsements. To obtain these endorsements, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old (for intrastate use).
- Be at least 21 years old with 3 years of driving experience.
- Have 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without corrective lenses.
- Have 70 degree peripheral vision in each eye.
- Be able to distinguish the colors red, green, and amber.
- Pass a federal background check.
- Pass a state criminal background check.
- Be fingerprinted.
- Submit a Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination (Form 649-F).
- Submit a Bus Application (Form DR-14).
For more information, please contact the New Jersey MVC.