JobID 34850 : SNP Assistant Manager - HS - School Nutrition - Loc School (#410403)
License and Certification Qualifications: Orientation for New Employees (O.N.E.) course required.
Education Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience Qualifications: One year experience in customer service or food service preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Ability to follow and comprehend verbal and written instructions; ability to communicate effectively; ability to hear, understand, and follow oral instructions given in the English language; ability to read, understand, and follow written instructions in the English language at a minimum 6th grade level, such as safety instructions; ability to learn and follow prescribed food preparation methods, food sanitation procedures, and school cafeteria operations; ability to communicate with customers; ability to work cooperatively in close proximity with others under constant deadlines; ability to work in a fast-paced environment; and ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
Primary Responsibilities: Perform routine duties involved in the preparation and serving of food and the cleaning of kitchen equipment and facilities under the supervision of the cafeteria manager or designated supervisor.
1. Prepare vegetables and fruits for chef salads, mixed salads and individual servings, assemble hot sandwiches such as hamburgers and cold sandwiches such as subs, wraps, and peanut butter/jelly.
2. Setup hot and cold food counters for serving, properly stock counters and carts with plates, napkins, and condiments, and serve food to students, staff, and faculty.
3. Enter cafeteria sales, maintain accurate account of cash collected and meals served, complete bank deposits, and complete end of day computer reports.
4. Wash and properly stack dishes, trays, pots, pans, and other utensils in commercial dishwasher and sinks, clean kitchen equipment and work areas, and receive and unpack supplies in freezer, cooler, and stock room.
5. Operate a variety of kitchen equipment including ovens, steamers, pass throughs, slicers, can openers, and mixers.
6. Dissemble serving areas, clean and sanitize, and secure preparation areas.
7. Represent the school in a positive and professional manner.
8. Ensure compliance with established food safety practices regarding proper dress and hygiene, as outlined in the personnel handbook.
9. Understand program rules and requirements such as reimbursable meals, portion control, serving sizes, meal patterns, and nutrient requirements.
10. Attend job-related classes, workshops, in-service, and staff meetings as assigned.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.