Tchr Preschool - Sp Ed Pre-Kindergarten
License and Certification Qualifications: Valid Georgia driver's license preferred. Meets Georgia certification requirements in appropriate field of education.
Education Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in applicable field of education from a Professional Standards Commission (PSC) approved college or university required.
Experience Qualifications: Three years of successful preschool teaching experience required.
Skills Qualifications: Thorough knowledge of Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) due process requirements; thorough knowledge and skills in preschool curriculum and instructional practices; ability to differentiate between learning and instruction; ability to communicate effectively with colleagues; ability to understand the teaching/learning process; knowledge of Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs); ability to project and generate positive attitudes; ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office, and school based staff, students, parents, and community; excellent oral and written communication skills; and effective human relations skills.
Primary Responsibilities: Provide developmentally appropriate instruction to preschool children with special needs.
1. Provide instruction for preschool students served in community based settings.
2. Participate in the decision-making processes concerning students eligible for preschool special education services.
3. Review and complete all due process documentation for students.
4. Ensure compliance with Babies Can't Wait timelines.
5. Evaluate and assess students to monitor IEP goals and objectives progress.
a. Complete Work Sampling Assessments.
6. Complete Department of Education (DOE) entry and exit data.
7. Communicate effectively with the families of students served in the preschool special education program.
8. Collect and interpret data for students.
9. Communicate to various internal and external audiences concerning program research and information.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.