Systems Analyst - Instructional Solutions
License and Certification Qualifications: None required,
Education Qualifications: Associate's degree in related field required. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
Experience Qualifications: Two years experience in an application software environment analyzing, designing, developing, and supporting application software required. Experience with Software Development Life Cycle preferred. Server Administration, desktop support, and/or Student Information System (SASI) experience preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Ability to understand the technical needs of teaching and learning and the business support functions; ability to analyze, design, develop, and implement mission critical software solutions; ability to translate logic to solve application and operating system problems; ability to communicate effectively with business and technical staff and to work well with others; and ability to manage assigned projects.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for analyzing business needs by designing, developing, testing, and implementing application software systems and operating platform solutions as well as providing application training to system users.
1. Design and work with the software vendor or internal developers to create new software modules to meet the changing needs of the district.
a. Meet with users to understand business processes and document requirements.
b. Work with vendors or internal developers to ensure they understand the requirements.
c. Monitor development, test the resulting software, and manage the implementation process.
2. Manage data and develop school and business reports.
a. Utilize database management software such as the Structured Query Language (SQL) Server to manage the district datastore.
b. Utilize reporting tools such as Cognos, SQL Server Reporting Services, or SQL scripts to create school and management reports.
3. Design the nightly process to upload and consolidate data from every school and combine it into a single datastore.
a. Research and resolve data upload failures when school data loads to the central office fail.
b. Design and implement processes to minimize failures.
4. Serve as the primary contact with the software vendor to resolve product issues.
5. Install and test vendor updates and upgrades.
a. Receive vendor updates and version upgrades.
b. Install in a test environment and test the software.
c. Guide the process to move the update to production and train users as necessary.
6. Provide level 3 technical support to research and resolve complex software issues.
7. Maintain technical expertise in all tiers of the application software systems, relational databases, data management systems, and reporting tools.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.