JobID 33510 : Custodian - Custodial Services - School (#410301)
License and Certification Qualifications: Valid Georgia Class C Driver's License preferred.
Education Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience Qualifications: Industrial or commercial cleaning experience preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Ability and willingness to learn and proficiently perform the custodial care skills and tasks of the Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) Custodial Care Program and other general custodial practices; ability to hear, understand, and follow oral instructions given in the English language; ability to read, understand, and follow written instructions in the English language at a minimum 6th grade level, such as safety instructions, use and disposal instructions on custodial product labels, GCPS Custodial Toolbox training materials, and other forms, documents, or notes provided by the supervisor or other designated supervisory staff; and ability to work effectively as part of an assigned custodial team.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for maintaining assigned areas of school facilities in a clean, sanitary, and orderly condition and performing duties according to the GCPS Custodial Care Program and as instructed by the designated supervisory staff.
1. Perform assigned cleaning and other custodial care tasks of the GCPS Custodial Care Program that are on the schedule provided by the designated supervisor in a proficient manner.
2. Utilize appropriate chemicals, supplies, and equipment, which have been approved for use according to GCPS Policies and Procedures, to perform assigned custodial care tasks.
3. Maintain custodial care tools and equipment in a clean, sanitary, and safe working condition according to instructions and guidelines of the GCPS Custodial Care Program.
4. Open and secure assigned facilities or grounds areas at the time(s) instructed by the designated supervisory staff.
5. Suggest alternate cleaning practices, products, tools, or equipment for the GCPS Custodial Care Program and assist the Environmental and Supply Services Department in related evaluations to identify those that are more efficient or effective.
6. Maintain appropriate, positive, and cooperative working relationships with team members, assigned facility staff, and other GCPS employees in all work related interactions.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.