Security Officer - Temporary - Temporary/Misc
License and Certification Qualifications: POST (Georgia Peace Officer's Standards and Training) certification and valid Georgia driver's license required.
Education Qualifications: Associates degree in related field required.
Experience Qualifications: Must be an active member of law enforcement.
Skills Qualifications: Strong communicator; ability to listen and respond to other's needs; and desire to work in a school environment with young people, educators, and citizens.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for students, faculty, and citizens at extra-curricular activities by responding immediately to deal with any disruption or criminal activity and responsible for instilling in students respect and understanding of the law through example.
1. Assist the local school administration in security at extra-curricular activities.
2. Reduce juvenile delinquency by promoting positive relationships between youth and law enforcement.
3. Take law enforcement action as necessary to protect against unwanted intruders.
4. Perform all law enforcement related duties in a highly professional manner consistent with established procedures and directives.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.