Temporary/Miscellaneous - Community Coach
License and Certification Qualifications: None required.
Education Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience Qualifications: No prior experience necessary. Experience recognized on salary schedule.
Skills Qualifications: Up-to-date knowledge of applicable sports; ability to teach desirable traits of character; ability to maintain a harmonious relationship with other staff members and community support groups; knowledge of safety practices; knowledge of Gwinnett County Public Schools policies and procedures; effective instructional practices; ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office and school based staff, students, parents, and the community; excellent oral and written communication skills; and excellent human relations skills.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of program functions and activities in accordance with applicable rules and regulations related to the sport.
1. Teach the desirable traits of character such as persistence, desire to win, teamwork, and cooperation.
2. Promote interest, skills, and lifelong participation in various physical activities.
3. Teach knowledge and understanding of athletics and of the fundamentals, rules, and strategies of sports.
4. Assist in organizing and administering the athletic program so that it is closely integrated and thoroughly coordinated with the general purposes of education.
5. Teach the values of self-discipline, sound physical condition, healthy life style, and cooperation.
6. Provide an opportunity for competition on an equal basis for all students.
7. Supervise the locker rooms before, during, and after practice sessions.
8. Emphasize safety in teaching techniques and elements of play and thoroughly educate the players in the rules of the game.
9. Maintain harmonious relationship with all district employees.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.