8th Grade Volleyball Coach
The 8th grade volleyball coach is the administrator of all aspects and levels of his/her sport. The coach will be responsible to the athletic director and principal.
1. Ability to supervise and motivate student athletes.
2. Knowledge of the sport.
3. Knowledge of WIAA and the Brillion School District rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Be responsible for care, maintenance, inventory, and ordering of all equipment and supplies unique to that sport.
2. Prepare a proposed budget for his/her sport and administer the approved budget.
3. Develop a program of strategies to link all levels of his/her sport.
4. Plan for the supervision of athletes when they are in his/her care.
5. Maintain an organized record of statistics for his/her sport.
6. Provide athletic information concerning his/her sport to the media.
7. Be responsible for the care and order of facilities used for his/her sport. (Example: locker room, gymnasium, weight room, store room, field.)
8. Administer the restricted fund for your sport. This includes administration approved revenue enhancers such as clinics, tournaments, outings, etc.
9. Continue to improve yourself through attending clinics, reading related materials, and general observations. It is recommended that you attend the WIAA rules meeting.
10. Attend athletic awards programs for your sport.
11. Dress in appropriate coaching attire at all practice sessions.
12. Be in direct charge of the team at all times including the locker room, and the bus.
13. Verify the eligibility of athletes in his/her sport before the first day of practice (academic, compliance statement, physical, etc.)